Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bingo, part two

I'm pretty proud of myself today... first, I came up with a new idea for a bingo game and put the whole thing together in about ten minutes. Then I learned how to upload PDF files onto Blogger! In honor of this monumental occasion, here are the bingo cards I made today on the website I shared yesterday (http://www.print-bingo.com)
Letter Sound Bingo

There it is... Letter Sound Bingo, courtesy of Print-Bingo.com! I made a set of word cards with the target sound underlined, and as I randomly drew the cards out of a box I would say something like, "This is the beginning sound in the word 'sad,'" or "This is the middle sound in the word 'pet.'" I threw "sh," "th," "ch," "wh," and "qu" in there just to make it a little more challenging. I would share the word cards I made as well, but I just drew them on construction paper at the last minute so they're really not that fancy. The kids really seemed to love the game, and it was a great way to start the year and begin assessing their phonics skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment