Friday, August 26, 2011

Plastic rhinestones are a girl's best friend

We've been in school for two weeks, and our new little people are starting to look like first graders! They're getting the procedures down and settling into their classroom routines. My job during the first few weeks of school is to assess, assess, assess. I may complain about the piles of paperwork I have to score, but secretly I love data, and I love collecting all of this information about the students. This year I decided to be extra-techy, and I used Google Forms to create online score sheets for a couple of the baseline assessments that I administer. It's a genius idea--all of my data is instantly put into a spreadsheet, and it saves me at least a ream of paper. Of course, the internet chose this week to stop working, so I haven't been able to access my Google Forms and finish my assessments. To help relieve my frustration, I indulged in a little bit of hot glue gun therapy...
First I made some blinged-out clothespins...

...and then I used them to decorate my friend Amanda's bulletin board! (It was her idea; I just did the hot-gluing.)

Then I made my own bling-y bulletin board, perfect for showcasing student work throughout the year!



I just couldn't resist adding some sparkle to my boring Sharpie pens :) They look fantastic worn behind the ear, ha!

1 comment:

  1. When you wear a blingy pen behind your ear a student might tell you that you have a laser in your hair. Speaking from experience here. :)

    ReplyDelete